This command creates a compound of any kind of topological shapes.
These can be solids or meshes or any other kind of topological shapes.
A compound is a set of shapes grouped into one object.
- Mark the topological shapes to be added to the compound in the tree view
- Choose Part → Compound → Make Compound entry in the Part menu or click on the button.
A compound containing pieces that intersect or touch is invalid for Boolean operations. Because of performance issues, checking if the pieces intersect is not done by default. Automatic geometry check (available for Boolean operations) is disabled for part compound as well.
To turn this check on go to Tools → Edit Parameters → Preferences... → Mod → Part → CheckGeometry → RunBOPCheck and set the parameter to
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot