Extracts the common part (intersection) between selected Part objects. This operation is fully parametric and the components can be modified and the result recomputed.
- Select two shapes
- Press the Common button.
Input objects must be OpenCascade shapes. Examples: stuff made with Part, PartDesign, Sketcher workbenches. Not meshes (unless those were converted to shapes) - for meshes, there are specific Boolean tools in MeshDesign workbench.
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot