This command will create a circular curved edge. With the default values, the circular curved edge will be closed and therefore will be a circle. If the properties Angle 0 or Angle 1 are changed from their default values (0 and 360) the edge will be an open curve, an arc.
Alternatively a Part Circle can be initially defined from three points. Once created the circle will only contain the standard Part Circle properties and will no longer contain a reference to the creation points.
A Circle geometric primitive is available from the Create Primitives dialogue in the Part workbench.
- Switch to the Part Workbench
- There are several ways to access the Create Primitives dialogue:
- Radius: the radius of the curved edge (arc or circle)
- Angle 0: start of the curved edge, (degrees anti-clockwise), the default value is 0
- Angle 1: end of the curved edge, (degrees anti-clockwise), the default value is 360
- Modifying objects: Booleans, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Installation: Linux, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting