This command will create a circular curved edge. With the default values, the circular curved edge will be closed and therefore will be a circle. If the properties Angle 0 or Angle 1 are changed from their default values (0 and 360) the edge will be an open curve, an arc.
Alternatively a Part Circle can be initially defined from three points. Once created the circle will only contain the standard Part Circle properties and will no longer contain a reference to the creation points.
A Circle geometric primitive is available from the Create Primitives dialogue in the Part workbench.
- Switch to the Part
- There are several ways to access the Create Primitives dialogue:
- Radius: the radius of the curved edge (arc or circle)
- Angle 0: start of the curved edge, (degrees anti-clockwise), the default value is 0
- Angle 1: end of the curved edge, (degrees anti-clockwise), the default value is 360
- Modifying objects: Boolean, Union, Common, Cut, Join features, Connect, Embed, Cutout
- Splitting tools: Boolean fragments, Slice a part, Slice, XOR, Part Defeaturing
- Compound: Make compound, Explode Compound, Compound Filter; Extrude, Fillet, Revolve, Section, Cross sections, Chamfer, Mirror, Ruled Surface, Sweep, Loft
- Offset tools: 3D Offset, 2D Offset, Thickness, Projection on surface
- Other tools: Import CAD, Export CAD, Shape from Mesh, Convert to solid, Reverse shapes, Create simple copy, Create transformed copy, Create shape element copy, Refine shape, Check geometry, Measure, Attachment
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot