The preferences screen of the PartDesign Workbench are found in the Preferences Editor, Edit → Preferences → Part design.
There are two tabs: General, and Shape view.
In the Shape view tab you can specify the following:
|Maximum deviation depending on the model bounding box
||Maximum linear deflection of the tesselated objects from their surface
|Maximum angular deflection
||Maximum angular deflection from one tesselated object section to the next section
In order to display an object efficiently its surface is tesselated, i.e. it is displayed with some small deviations from it real surface. This applies not only to PartDesign models, but also to other objects in FreeCAD.
There is a lower limit for the tesselation of 0.01%. If you really want to spend the additional time you can reduce the lower limit even further by opening the menu Tools → Edit parameters... This opens the parameter editor where you navigate to BaseApp → Preferences → Mod → Part.
Right click on Mesh deviation choose in the context menu Change value. Set the value to the minimum tesselation of your choice. Please keep in mind that the value is in %, i.e. for a value of 0.005% you have to enter "0.00005". The smallest value possible is 1e-7. Note: In the preferences menu you will still see 0.01% even if you set a lower value.
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive box, Additive cone, Additive cylinder, Additive ellipsoid, Additive prism, Additive sphere, Additive torus, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive box, Subtractive cone, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive prism, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive torus, Subtractive wedge
- Installation: Linux, Windows, Mac; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Workbenches: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting