Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part Design → Create sketch|
|Introduced in version|
- Press the button from the PartDesign toolbar.
- In the Tasks panel, the Select feature dialog is brought up. Select one of the planes in the list or in the 3D view which can be reoriented for better visibility.
- Press .
- The interface automatically switches to the Sketcher workbench and the sketch can be edited. Once the sketch is exited, the interface is brought back to the PartDesign workbench and the 3D view is restored to the view orientation prior to creating the sketch.
- Alternatively, a plane or a face on the existing active body can be selected before creating the sketch, in which case the sketch is instantly created.
- To change the attachment of an existing sketch, change its Map Mode property (see Properties.)
- DataMap Mode: mode of attachment of the sketch to another object, usually a plane or a face but can be other types of objects. Click once in the field to reveal a button and press it to open the Attachment dialog. If set to Deactivated, the Placement property is enabled.
- DataPlacement: controls the orientation of the sketch in the 3D space; see placement. Disabled if the sketch is attached through the Map Mode property.