|Part Design → Create sketch|
|Introduced in version|
- Press the button from the PartDesign toolbar.
- In the Tasks panel, the Select feature dialog is brought up. Select one of the planes in the list or in the 3D view which can be reoriented for better visibility.
- Press .
- The interface automatically switches to the Sketcher workbench and the sketch can be edited. Once the sketch is exited, the interface is brought back to the PartDesign workbench and the 3D view is restored to the view orientation prior to creating the sketch.
- Alternatively, a plane or a face on the existing active body can be selected before creating the sketch, in which case the sketch is instantly created.
- To change the attachment of an existing sketch, change its Map Mode property (see Properties.)
- The Select feature Dialog defines the features of the new sketch
- Coordinate system box: defines the orientation of the sketch plane
- Allow Used Features checkbox: TBD
- Allow external features options
- From other bodies of the same part: any elements used in the same body can be referenced
- From different parts or free features: TBD
- Make independent copy: all other elements will be separate copies, i.e. they will not change when the original changes.
- Make dependent copy: the elements will be copies, but a dependency to the original elements is kept. This is basically using a Shapebinder
- Create cross-reference: the linked elements will not be copies, but point to the original elements, e.g. a master sketch. Any changes are reflected to this sketch
To reference any items in the Workbench Sketcher use the and tools. Generally it is recommended to use other sketches as source for references rather than faces or edges, because they are less affected by the Topological Naming Issue.
- DataMap Mode: mode of attachment of the sketch to another object, usually a plane or a face but can be other types of objects. Click once in the field to reveal a button and press it to open the Attachment dialog. If set to Deactivated, the Placement property is enabled.
- DataPlacement: controls the orientation of the sketch in the 3D space; see placement. Disabled if the sketch is attached through the Map Mode property.