|PartDesign → Mirrored|
|Introduced in version|
The Mirrored tool mirrors one feature on a plane. Starting with v0.17, it can mirror multiple features .
Above: a Pocket feature was created from a sketch containing a circle (A), the Pocket was subsequently used to create a Mirrored feature. The sketch vertical axis (B) was used as axis of symmetry. The result (C) is shown on the right.
To create a mirroring:
- Select the feature (introduced in version 0.19 or several features) to be mirrored.
- Press the button.
- If you have several features in the mirroring, their order can be important, see for example the image in the PolarPattern feature. introduced in version 0.19 You can change the order by dragging the feature in the list and you will see the result immediately as preview.
- Define the mirror Plane. See Options.
- Press .
To add or remove features from an existing mirroring:
- Press 3D view:
to add a feature to be mirrored. The feature must be visible in the
- Switch to the Model tree;
- Select in the tree the feature to be added and press 3D view; to make it visible in the
- Switch back to the Tasks panel;
- Select the feature in the 3D view; it will be added to the list.
- Repeat to add other features.
- Press to remove a feature from the list, or right-click on the feature in the list and select Remove.
When creating a mirrored feature, the Mirrored parameters dialog offers different ways of specifying the mirror line or plane .
Horizontal sketch axis
Uses the horizontal axis of the sketch as the axis of symmetry.
Vertical sketch axis
Uses the vertical axis of the sketch as the axis of symmetry.
Allows you to select a plane (such as a face of an object) to use as a mirror plane .
Custom Sketch Axis
If the sketch which defines the feature to be mirrored also contains a construction line (or lines), then the drop down list will contain one custom sketch axis for each construction line. The first construction line will be labelled 'Sketch axis 0'. The image below is an example with the sketch in edit mode showing that it includes a construction line for use as the Mirrored axis.
Base (XY/XZ/YZ) plane
v0.17 and above Select one of the Body Origin's standard planes (XY, XZ or YZ).
The mirror result can be previewed in real time before clickingby checking "Update view" .
- The Mirrored feature cannot mirror a whole solid body. For that, see Part Mirror .
- The mirrored feature must intersect the solid (also called support) it is based on, or the command will fail .