The Groove tool revolves a selected sketch or profile about a given axis, cutting out material from the support .
Above: sketch (A) is revolved around axis (B); resulting groove on solid (C) is shown right.
- Select the sketch to be revolved.
- A face on the existing solid can alternatively be used. v0.17 and above
- The sketch must be mapped to the planar face of an existing solid or Part Design feature, or an error message will appear. version 0.16 and below
- Press the Groove button.
- Set the Groove parameters (see next section).
- Press OK.
When creating a groove, the Groove parameters dialogue offers several parameters specifying how the sketch should be revolved.
This option specifies the axis about which the sketch is to be revolved.
- Vertical sketch axis: selects the vertical sketch axis .
- Horizontal sketch axis: selects the horizontal sketch axis.
- Sketch axis: selects a construction line contained in the sketch used by the Groove. The first construction line created in the sketch will be labelled Sketch axis 0. The drop down list will contain one custom sketch axis for each construction line. version 0.16 and below
- Construction line: selects a construction line contained in the sketch used by the Groove. The drop down list will contain an entry for each construction line. The first construction line created in the sketch will be labelled Construction line 1. v0.17 and above
- Base (X/Y/Z) axis: selects the X, Y or Z axis of the Body's Origin; v0.17 and above
- Select reference...: allows selection in the 3D view of an edge on the Body, or a datum line. v0.17 and above
This controls the angle through which the groove is to be formed, e.g. 360° would be a full, contiguous revolution. It is not possible to specify negative angles (use the Reversed option instead) or angles greater than 360° .
Symmetric to plane
If checked, the groove will extend half of the specified angle in both directions from the sketch plane .
If checked, the direction of revolution is reversed from default clockwise to counterclockwise .
Below are properties which can be defined after creation of the feature. Data properties Base and Axis are uneditable .
- DataAngle: angle of rotation. See Angle .
- DataLabel: label given to the operation, can be changed at convenience.
- DataMidplane: true or false. See Symmetric to plane.
- DataReversed: true or false. See Reversed.
- DataRefine: true or false. If set to true, cleans the solid from residual edges left by features. See Part RefineShape for more details. v0.17 and above
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive box, Additive cone, Additive cylinder, Additive ellipsoid, Additive prism, Additive sphere, Additive torus, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive box, Subtractive cone, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive prism, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive torus, Subtractive wedge
- Kurulum: Windows, Linux, Mac; Başlamak
- Temeller: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Tezgahlar: Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, TechDraw, Surface workbench, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting