Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part Design → Create an additive primitive → Additive Prism|
|Introduced in version|
Inserts a primitive prism in the active Body as the first feature, or fuses it to the existing feature(s).
- Press the button. Note: the Additive Prism is part of an icon menu labelled Create an additive primitive. After launching FreeCAD, the Additive Box is the one displayed in the toolbar. To get the Prism, click on the down arrow besides the visible icon and select Additive Prism in the menu.
- Set the Primitive parameters and Attachment.
- Click .
- A Prism feature appears under the active Body.
The Prism can be edited after its creation in two ways:
- Double-clicking it in the Model tree, or by right-clicking and selecting Edit primitive in the contextual menu; this brings up the Primitive parameters.
- Via the Property editor.
- DataAttachment: defines the attachment mode as well as the Attachment Offset. See Part Attachment.
- DataLabel: label given to the Prism object. Change to suit your needs.
- DataPolygon: number of sides in the polygon cross-section of the prism.
- DataCircumradius: circumscribed radius of the polygon cross-section of the prism.
- DataHeight: height of the prism.