|Part Design → Create an additive primitive → Additive Prism|
|Introduced in version|
|PartDesign Create an additive primitive, PartDesign Subtractive Prism|
Inserts a primitive prism in the active Body as the first feature, or fuses it to the existing feature(s).
- Press the button. Note: the Additive Prism is part of an icon menu labelled Create an additive primitive. After launching FreeCAD, the Additive Box is the one displayed in the toolbar. To get the Prism, click on the down arrow besides the visible icon and select Additive Prism in the menu.
- Set the Primitive parameters and Attachment.
- Click .
- A Prism feature appears under the active Body.
It is possible to create skewed prisms by specifying angles in respect to the normal vector of the chosen attachment. introduced in version 0.19
The Prism can be edited after its creation in two ways:
- Double-clicking it in the Model tree, or by right-clicking and selecting Edit primitive in the contextual menu; this brings up the Primitive parameters.
- Via the Property editor.
- DataAttachment: defines the attachment mode as well as the Attachment Offset. See Part EditAttachment.
- DataLabel: label given to the Prism object. Change to suit your needs.
- DataPolygon: number of sides in the polygon cross-section of the prism.
- DataCircumradius: circumscribed radius of the polygon cross-section of the prism.
- DataHeight: height of the prism.
- DataFirst Angle: angle in first direction. introduced in version 0.19
- DataSecond Angle: angle in second direction. introduced in version 0.19