Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part Design → Create an additive primitive → Additive Box|
|Introduced in version|
|PartDesign Primitive additive|
Inserts a primitive box in the active Body as the first feature, or fuses it to the existing feature(s).
- Press the button. Note: the Additive Box is part of an icon menu labelled Create an additive primitive. After launching FreeCAD, the Additive Box is the one displayed in the toolbar. If a different primitive is displayed, click on the down arrow besides the icon and select Additive Box in the menu.
- Set the Primitive parameters and Attachment.
- Click .
- A Box feature appears under the active Body.
The Box can be edited after its creation in two ways:
- Double-clicking it in the Model tree, or by right-clicking and selecting Edit primitive in the contextual menu; this brings up the Primitive parameters.
- Via the Property editor.
- DataAttachment: defines the attachment mode as well as the Attachment Offset. See Part Attachment.
- DataLabel: Label given to the Box object. Change to suit your needs.
- DataLength: the Box's dimension in the X-direction.
- DataWidth: the Box's dimension in the Y-direction.
- DataHeight: the Box's dimension in the Z-direction.