There are more than 100 predefined textures you can apply, but you can also define your own textures.
Thumbnails and live preview
To see the impact of the selected texture options you can check the pre-rendered thumbnail or use the live preview to render the texture.
With the three light types: area light, point light and spot light, and their different options, you can create advanced lighting.
Indirect lighting (GI)
The workbench has the option to enable indirect lighting to create more realistic images.
With support for HDRI environments, beautiful environments are simple to use.
User inc file
Here is a simple demonstration of the workbench:
There are many more options on the other tabs, please explore them yourself, or you can visit our Wiki: Workbench Wiki
To complete the installation the path to the POV-Ray executable has to be defined in the workbench preferences:
- OpenDialog: Opens the dialog where most of the work is done. Here you can apply textures, add HDRI environments, etc. and start the rendering.
- Source code on GitHub: https://github.com/TheRaytracers/freecad-povray-render
Links to POV-Ray Workbench
- Workbench Wiki: https://gitlab.com/usbhub/exporttopovray/-/tree/master/doc
- FreeCAD Forum: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48629
- Report bugs: Please report bugs at GitHub or the FreeCAD Forum