Applies a minkowski sum to selected shapes.
Add each element of subset A to each element of subset B to get minkowski sum.
Sweep element A along all boundaries of element B. Resulting space which is occupied by both elements is minkowski sum.
Example of minkowski sum applied to cylinder and cube. Note: that the height of minkowski sum is height of cylinder plus height of cube.
- Select shapes in Tree view or in 3D view
- Click on or choose OpenSCAD → Minkowski from the top menu.
Feature needs OpenSCAD installed and configured in Edit → Preferences
- Tools: Color code shape, Replace object, Remove subtree, Refine shape feature, Increase tolerance feature, Convert edges to faces, Expand placements, Explode group, Add OpenSCAD element, Mesh Boolean, Hull, Minkowski
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Properties, Mouse Model; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing