Applies a Minkowski sum to selected shapes.
Add each element of subset A to each element of subset B to get Minkowski sum.
Sweep element A along all boundaries of element B. Resulting space which is occupied by both elements is Minkowski sum.
Example of Minkowski sum applied to cylinder and cube. Note: that the height of minkowski sum is height of cylinder plus height of cube.
- Select shapes in Tree view or in 3D view
- Click on or choose OpenSCAD → Minkowski from the top menu.
Feature needs OpenSCAD installed and configured in Edit → Preferences
- Tools: Color code shape, Replace object, Remove subtree, Refine shape feature, Increase tolerance feature, Convert edges to faces, Expand placements, Explode group, Add OpenSCAD element, Mesh Boolean, Hull, Minkowski
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot