Creates new mesh object by boolean operation from shapes.
- Select shapes in Tree view.
- Click on or choose OpenSCAD → MeshBoolean ... from the top menu.
- Select bool operation to be performed on the shapes.
- Select Perform
- Result: New mesh object will be created
Feature needs OpenSCAD installed and configured in Edit → Preferences
- Tools: Color code shape, Replace object, Remove subtree, Refine shape feature, Increase tolerance feature, Convert edges to faces, Expand placements, Explode group, Add OpenSCAD element, Mesh Boolean, Hull, Minkowski
- Installation: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac, Docker, AppImage; Getting started
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting