|OpenSCAD → Explode Group
|Introduced in version
This feature explodes a fusion or a compound back to single parts applying random colours to these parts.
- Select fusion/compound to be exploded
- Click on or choose OpenSCAD → Explode Group from the top menu.
The feature works only on fusions/compounds consisting of
- part primitives from part workbench
- extruded parts from part workbench
- revolved parts from part workbench
The feature will NOT work on
- pads/revolution-parts from part design workbench
- arrays from draft workbench
For dissolving arrays from draft workbench use the Draft Downgrade - tool from draft workbench.
- Tools: Color code shape, Replace object, Remove subtree, Refine shape feature, Increase tolerance feature, Convert edges to faces, Expand placements, Explode group, Add OpenSCAD element, Mesh Boolean, Hull, Minkowski
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot