Migrating to FreeCAD from Fusion360
(Redirected from Migrating to FreeCAD from Fusion360/ru)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is intended for users who are interested in migrating to FreeCAD from the Fusion 360 world.
What do I do?
- The first thing that you want to do is to get your files out of proprietary formats and storage. Start by exporting your models from the cloud to your local machine.
- A popular method is using this Fusion360 total exporter script.
- We recommend exporting to STEP format.
- What formats do you support in FreeCAD?
- What formats should I use to migrate to FreeCAD?
- STEP is the best format because it is a solid Shape format, as opposed to a Mesh (STL, OBJ, DAE). Example, Importing Step with Colors.
- Importing an STL is possible, but this mesh format will be difficult to modify further. We recommend converting imported meshes to solid Shapes using . Remodelling the object in FreeCAD, while using the mesh as reference, is the best advice.
- Fusion360 to FreeCAD Introduction, video by Brodie Fairhall.
- V0.19 Benchmarking--2019 Monthly Challenges, a series of objects created with Fusion360 are remodelled using FreeCAD, by experienced user ppemawm.
- Beginners written tutorial: from first part to technical drawing.
- An online resource for us regular FreeCAD users.