Does a union (fusion) on selected meshes.
The command creates a new separate mesh with all outer faces of all selected meshes.
Inner faces are removed.
Above: Cube fused with sphere
- Select meshes to be fused in the tree view or in the 3D view.
- Choose Meshes → Boolean → Union
If you do not want remove the inner faces, you can use Merge
- Tools: Import Mesh, Export Mesh, Create Mesh from shape, Curvature Plot, Harmonize Normals, Flip Normals, Fill Holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Create mesh segments, Smooth, Scale
- Analyze: Evaluate & Repair mesh, Face Info, Curvature Info, Check solid mesh, Boundings info
- Regular solid: Regular solid, Mesh Cube, Mesh Cylinder, Mesh Cone, Mesh Sphere, Mesh Ellipsoid, Mesh Torus
- Boolean: Union, Intersection, Difference
- Cutting: Mesh PolyCut, Trim mesh, Trim mesh with a plane
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Properties, Mouse Model; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing