Does an intersection (common) on two selected meshes.
The result is created as a new separate mesh.
- Select meshes to be intersected in the tree-view or in the 3D-view.
- Choose Meshes → Boolean → Intersection
Example: Cube intersected with sphere
- Tools: Import Mesh, Export Mesh, Create Mesh from shape, Curvature Plot, Harmonize Normals, Flip Normals, Fill Holes, Close hole, Add triangle, Remove components, Remove components by hand, Create mesh segments, Smooth, Scale
- Analyze: Evaluate & Repair mesh, Face Info, Curvature Info, Check solid mesh, Boundings info
- Regular solid: Regular solid, Mesh Cube, Mesh Cylinder, Mesh Cone, Mesh Sphere, Mesh Ellipsoid, Mesh Torus
- Boolean: Union, Intersection, Difference
- Cutting: Mesh PolyCut, Trim mesh, Trim mesh with a plane
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing