The main view area is the main widget that holds sub-windows in the interface. It is an instance of Qt's QMdiArea.
It normally contains tabs for the start page from the Start Workbench, and the 3D view. It can contain other window tabs, for example, one for each drawing page created with the TechDraw Workbench.
The main view area is denoted by the number 1, and can hold various window tabs, principally the start page and the 3D view.
The windows in the main view area can be organized with commands located in the Windows menu, like Std TileWindows and Std CascadeWindows.
- Preferences Editor, Interface Customization
- Main window: Standard menu, Main view area, 3D view, Combo view (Tree view, Task panel, Property editor), Selection view, Report view, Python console, Status bar, DAG view, Workbench Selector
- Auxiliary windows: Scene inspector, Dependency graph
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Properties, Mouse Model; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing