The main view area is the main widget that holds sub-windows in the interface. It is an instance of Qt's QMdiArea.
It normally contains tabs for the start page from the Start Workbench, and the 3D view for each document open. It can contain other window tabs, for example, one for each TechDraw drawing page, spreadsheet, or text document.
The main view area is denoted by the number 1, and can hold various window tabs, principally the start page and the 3D view.
The windows in the main view area can be organized with commands located in the Windows menu, like Std TileWindows and Std CascadeWindows.
- Preferences Editor, Interface Customization
- Main window: Standard menu, Main view area, 3D view, Combo view (Tree view, Task panel, Property editor), Selection view, Report view, Python console, Status bar, DAG view, Workbench Selector
- Auxiliary windows: Scene inspector, Dependency graph
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot