The FreeCAD Lattice2 External Workbench Icon
The Lattice2 Workbench is a FreeCAD external workbench that serves the purpose of working with placements and arrays of placements. It is a sort of Assembly workbench, but with emphasis on arrays. There are no constraints and relations, there are just arrays of placements that can be generated, combined, transformed, superimposed, and populated with shapes.
Ever wondered how to create a protractor with FreeCAD? That's the aim of the workbench (including tick labeling). Also, exploded assemblies can be made with the workbench.
Additionally, the workbench features a few general-purpose tools, such as parametric downgrade, bounding boxes, shape info tool, and tools for working with collections of shapes (compounds).
One of the big design goals of the workbench is being as parametric as possible.
- Author: DeepSOIC
- Home page: https://github.com/DeepSOIC/Lattice2
- Source code on github: https://github.com/DeepSOIC/Lattice2
Detailed description on the Lattice2 Github wiki
- Single Placement: Custom
- Single Placement: XY plane
- Single Placement: XZ plane
- Single Placement: YZ plane
- Single Placement: along X
- Single Placement: along Y
- Single Placement: along Z
- Single Placement: Euler angles
- Placement of shape: Copy object.Placement
- Placement of shape: Center of bounding box
- Placement of shape: Center of mass
- Placement of shape: Inertial axis system
- Attachable Placement
- Generate linear array
- Generate polar array
- Array from shape
- Invert lattice
- Join arrays
- Array filter
- Explode array
- Project array
- Resample array
- Populate with copies
- Populate with children
- Parametric downgrade
- Sub link
- Make compound
- Explode compound
- Fuse compound
- Bounding box
- Shape string for array
- Para series
- Substitute object
- Expose links to subelements
- Lattice2 Workbench icon
Prerequisites Lattice2 Workbench requires FreeCAD >= v0.16.5155.
As of v0.17 one can use the Addon Manager to install the Lattice2 Workbench. Use Tools → Addon Manager
- Scroll to the top of the page, and click 'download zip' button
- Unpack the contents into a "Lattice2" folder created in \Path\to\FreeCAD\Mod, and restart FreeCAD.
- Note that InitGui.py (and the rest of .py files) should end up directly under Mod\Lattice2 (not under nested directory like Mod\Lattice2\Lattice2).
After you install the workbench, it should appear at the bottom of list of workbench selector in FreeCAD.
- Tutorials: Gallery
- Basic Tutorial
- Lattice2 in PartDesign
- Making a Cogset
- Feature Patterns in Lattice2 Workbench by @sliptonic
Links to Lattice2 WB
- Lattice2 Wiki: https://github.com/DeepSOIC/Lattice2/wiki
- FreeCAD Wiki: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Lattice2_Workbench
- FreeCAD Forum: Lattice workbench - v2.0 is becoming stable
- Gallery: https://github.com/DeepSOIC/Lattice2/wiki/Gallery
- Report bugs: Please report bugs at https://github.com/DeepSOIC/Lattice2/issues