Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page contains links related to FreeCAD and other FLOSS projects.
- GitHub FreeCAD code and release files are hosted on GitHub.
- SourceForge FreeCAD was formerly hosted on SourceForge.
- Debian Debian package info
- Ubuntu Ubuntu package info
- Slackware Slackware package info
- Gentoo Gentoo package info
- OpenSUSE openSUSE package info
- Freenode The official #freecad IRC channel on Freenode
- Facebook The official FreeCAD facebook page
Other CAD software
- OpenPLM An open-source, web-based PLM collaborative platform
- BRL CAD Big Open Source package, a bit old fashion
- Heekscad a CAD/CAM application based on OpenCasCade and WxWidgets
- Narocad another OpenCasCade-based project, windows-only
- Salome more a FEM system but have also a modeling part
- PythonOCC complete python bindings for OpenCasCade, with own GUI builder
- PythonCAD a simple 2D CAD application programmed in python
- LibreCAD a 2D CAD project based on QCad
- PLaSM "Functional language for computing with geometry".
- Calculix our favorite for FEM in FreeCAD.
- Salome FEM system with complicated design.
- Z88 is a fast, powerful and compact Finite Elements Analysis Program.
- NumPy Scientific computing with Python (basic commands very similar to MATLAB).
- matplotlib Python 2D plotting library (usually used in conjunction with NumPy).
- Octave powerful MATLAB clone.