FreeCAD Docker CLI mode
Docker image of FreeCAD compiled without GUI. This docker image is especially for developers who only want to use FreeCAD in the command-line interface (CLI).
All of FreeCAD's dependencies are already installed, compatible with each other, and configured appropriately, allowing you to get started developing very quickly.
- Easy to use and lightweight.
- It gives better performance in terms of speed.
- No need to add FreeCAD paths to import it into Python.
- Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/amrit3701/freecad-cli
- Github repo: https://github.com/amrit3701/docker-freecad-cli
- 3 GB of free storage
- Pull the Docker image.
docker pull amrit3701/freecad-cli:latest
- When you successfully pulled docker image, now you can run image.
docker run -it amrit3701/freecad-cli:lastest bash
Extend docker image
You can also extend this docker images to add additional dependencies for your project. For eg
# Dockerfile FROM amrit3701/freecad-cli:lastest # Add additional dependencies # pip3.7 install <some_package>
Import FreeCAD in Python
After running docker image, just run
$ docker run -it amrit3701/freecad-cli:lastest bash root@f0ec904cf9b9:/# python3.7 Python 3.7.7 (default, Mar 10 2020, 17:25:08) [GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> import FreeCAD >>> import Part >>> import Draft >>> import Arch
To launch FreeCAD inside docker image, just run
FreeCAD forum thread: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=45877