These features are in early development. Bugs may exist. Thank you for your feedback and testing.
Ideally, upgrade to version 0.19.16502, or higher.
Download these scripts:
- PathProfileFaces.py available here and
- PathAreaOp.py is here
- PathPocketShape.py from here too (for pocket operations)
Place them in your FreeCAD/Mod/Path/PathScripts directory, *after* renaming your originals for safe keeping. Rename the new scripts to the original script names. Restart FreeCAD and have fun.
Use at your own risk.
Current 4th-axis capable operations do not handle complex/compound rotations: those involving X and Y simultaneously.
There is currently no GUI integration of 4th-axis rotational settings in the release branch. All related settings are in the Data tab of the Properties View section for each individual operation supported.
- Select the face(s) for the operation as normal
- Click on the Path Profile Faces icon to start the operation
- Change your settings as desired
- Click OK to run the operation
- In the properties list for the new operation, change the "Enable Rotation" setting as needed for the face(s)
- Recompute the operation
- Adjust start/final depths as needed. Final depth is coded to NOT go beyond the selected face used for the profile.
- Click on the Path Pocket Shape icon to start the operation.
- Click the OK to create the operation - no faces selected
- Select the new Pocket_Shape operation in task window
- In the operation's Properties list, scroll to Path section and change the "Enable Rotation" property to the desired 4th-axis setting.
- Re-compute the operation
- Double click on the same operation, to edit settings in the task window.
- Open the 'Base Geometry' tab. Select one face (preferred at the moment) and click the 'Add' button, placing that face in the Base Geometry list.
- Change the other operation settings as desired.
- Click OK to save and apply the changes.
- There is an "Inverse Angle" property. You may have to toggle this to get correct paths for some of your faces.
- Set "Enable Rotation" to other than 'Off' to profile faces perpendicularly that are not normal to Z-axis.
- Toggle the "Reverse Direction" property if the path appears to be off by 180 degrees.