Usage is pretty straightforward:
- Install the Fasteners Workbench via the Addon Manager.
- Start a new document in FreeCAD.
- Select the Fasteners Workbench from the Workbench dropdown list.
- The toolbars belonging to the workbench will be displayed.
Simple Usage: Clicking on any of the fastener buttons will create that fastener at the origin with default properties. To change the properties of a fastener select it and go to the Data tab of the Property editor.
- Other issues/feature requests can be found on the Fastener Workbench GitHub issue queue
- Author: shaise
- ScrewMaker: Ulrich Brammer
- Workbench wrapper: Shai Seger
- Home page: http://theseger.com/projects/2015/06/fasteners-workbench-for-freecad/
- Source code on github: https://github.com/shaise/FreeCAD_FastenersWB
The Fasteners Workbench has two toolbars. The FS Screws toolbar contains many tools. If required it can be expanded by pressing thebutton.
The Fasteners Workbench toolbars
For a detailed description see http://theseger.com/projects/2015/06/fasteners-workbench-for-freecad/.
- Invert fastener: invert fastener orientation.
- Move fastener: move fastener to a new location.
- Simplify shape: change object to simple non-parametric shape.
- Match screws by inner thread diameter (Tap hole): match screws by inner thread diameter (Tap hole).
- Match screws by outer thread diameter (Pass hole): match screws by outer thread diameter (Pass hole).
- Generate BOM: generate fasteners bill of materials.
- Screw calculator: show a screw hole calculator.
- Make countersunk: chamfer holes for countersunk screws.
- Change fastener parameters: change parameters of selected fasteners.
Note: Fasteners with metric dimensions have light orange icons. Fasteners with inch dimensions have green icons.
Self-clinching fasteners and fasteners for PCB
ISO, DIN and EN fasteners
ISO, DIN and EN fasteners have metric dimensions.
ASME fasteners have inch dimensions.
- Workbench Wiki: http://theseger.com/projects/2015/06/fasteners-workbench-for-freecad/
- FreeCAD Wiki: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Fasteners_Workbench
- FreeCAD Forum: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=11429
- Tutorials - How to use: http://theseger.com/projects/2015/06/fasteners-workbench-for-freecad/
- Report bugs: Please report bugs at https://github.com/shaise/FreeCAD_FastenersWB/issues
- Installation: http://theseger.com/projects/2015/06/fasteners-workbench-for-freecad/
- Generating holes for countersunk screws in freecad
- BOLTS: An Open Library for Technical Specifications
- External workbenches
- Macros recipes