MES: Narzędzia CalculiX
|Solve → Solver CalculiX Standard|
|Introduced in version|
- Setting analysis parameters
- Selecting working directory
- Running the CalculiX solver
- FEM SolverCalculixCxxtools object is created automatically with creation of an . Or use the following alternatives:
- Use Solve → Solver CalculiX Standard
- Press then shortcut keys
- Optionally set data properties of the object
- Double click on the object
- Select type of the analysis
By usingyou can display and edit CalculiX input file manually before running analysis. In this case it might be useful to use parameter "Split Input Writer = true".
Default values can be set in the menu Edit → Preferences → FEM → CalculiX
- DANEAnalysis Type:
- thermomech - for mechanical and thermal loads
- check - to check only the mesh introduced in version 0.19
- DANEBeam Shell Result Output 3D: note that CalculiX internally expands 1D and 2D elements into 3D elements to accomplish FE analysis
- false - results of 1D and 2D elements will be averaged to the nodes of original 1D or 2D mesh (i.e. purely bended beam will show 0 nodal stresses due to averaging)
- true - resulting mesh will contain 1D and 2D elements expanded to 3D elements
- DANEEigenmode High Limit: Eigenvalues above this limit will not be calculated; Note: if eigenvalues of the model are above the high limit, CalculiX will finish without output
- DANEEigenmode Low Limit: Eigenvalues below this limit will not be calculated
- DANEEigenmodes Count: number of lowest eigenmodes to be calculated
- DANEGeometric Nonlinearity:
- linear - linear analysis will be performed if model does not contain nonlinear material
- nonlinear - nonlinear analysis will be performed
- DANEIterations Control parameter Cutb: defines the second line of CalculiX' advanced iteration parameters. Used if DANEIterations Control Parameter Time Use is set to true.
- DANEIterations Control Parameter Iter: defines the first line of CalculiX' advanced iteration parameters. Used if DANEIterations Control Parameter Time Use is set to true.
- DANEIterations Control Parameter Time Use
- true - activates DANEIterations Control parameter Cutb and DANEIterations Control Parameter Iter
- DANEIterations Thermo Mech Maximum: maximum number of increments in thermomechanical analysis after which the job will be stopped.
- DANEIterations User Defined Incrementations:
- true - automatic incrementation control will be switched off by DIRECT parameter
- false - incrementation control will be automatic
- DANEIterations User Defined Time Step Length:
- true - activates DANETime End and DANETime Initial Step parameters
- DANEMaterial Nonlinearity:
- linear - only linear material properties will be included in the analysis
- nonlinear - nonlinear material properties will be used from object
- DANEMatrix Solver Type: type of the solver to solve equation system inside FE analysis. It may significantly affect calculation speed and memory demands. Suitability depends on your FE model and available hardware
- default - automatically selects matrix solver depending on available solvers (probably it will be Spooles)
- spooles - direct solver with support of multiple CPUs. Number of CPUs need to be set in Edit → Preferences → FEM → CalculiX → Solver defaults → Number of CPU's to use.
- iterativescaling - iterative solver with least memory demands, suitable if model contains mostly 3D elements
- iterativecholesky - iterative solver with preconditioning with and with low memory demands, suitable if model contains mostly 3D elements
- DANESplit Input Writer:
- false - write whole input into one *.inp file to be used by CalculiX solver
- true - split solver inputs into more *.inp files, that can clarify hand editing
- DANEThermo Mechanical Steady State:
- true - steady state thermo mechanical analysis
- false - transient thermo mechanical analysis
- DANETime End: time period of the step, used when parameter DANEIterations User Defined Incrementations or DANEIterations User Defined Time Step Length is true
- DANETime Initial Step: initial time increment of the step, used when parameter DANEIterations User Defined Incrementations or DANEIterations User Defined Time Step Length is true
- DANEWorking Dir: path to the working directory which will be used for CalculiX analysis files.
When running a CalculiX, you might end up with error 4294977295. This means you don't have enough RAM space. You have then 2 options:
- reduce the number of mesh nodes, preferably by omitting geometry that is not absolutely necessary for your analysis
- buy more RAM for your PC
Original CalculiX documentation can be found at http://dhondt.de/ in the "ccx" paragraph.