Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mesh → FEM mesh from shape by Gmsh|
|Introduced in version|
For a finite elements analysis the geometry needs to be discretized into a FEM Mesh. This command uses gmsh (which needs to be installed on the system) for calculating the mesh.
- Select the shape you want to analyze. For volume FEM this needs to be a solid or compsolid. A compsolid is necessary if your part is made from multiple materials. (A compsolid can be created with the BooleanFragments command.) -- For shell and beam FEM somebody needs to fill in the details here.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Optionally edit the minimal and maximal element size. (Autodetection works fine unless you apply complicated boundary conditions.)
- Click the button and wait for the computation of the mesh to complete
- Close the task. You now should see a new FEMMeshGMSH object in your active analysis container.