Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Model → Element Geometry → Beam cross section|
|Introduced in version|
ElementGeometry1D is used to define cross sections for beam elements. Currently the following types of cross sections are available: rectangular, circular and pipe.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Choose the type of cross section and specify the necessary dimensions:
- Rectangular: width and height,
- Circular: diameter,
- Pipe: diameter and thickness.
- Optionally press the FEM ElementGeometry1D objects) will be automatically assigned. button in the task panel and then click on the edge you want to have a prescribed cross section. If the edge selection is free, all remaining edges (whose cross section is not defined by other
- For viewing results from CalculiX solver on the mesh expanded to the prescribed cross section, property
Beam Shell Result Output 3Din the FEM SolverCalculixCxxtools need to be set to