|Model → Mechanical Constraints → Constraint self weight|
|Introduced in version|
Constraint self weight defines gravity acceleration 9,81 m/s^2 acting on the whole model in the prescribed direction.
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- You can modify the direction of gravitation by changing its vector coordinates in the property bar of newly created ConstraintSelfWeight object.
import ObjectsFem ObjectsFem.makeConstraintSelfWeight( name )
Add object to the analysis named Analysis
App.ActiveDocument.Analysis.Member = App.ActiveDocument.Analysis.Member + [ (object) ]
import ObjectsFem selfweight_obj = ObjectsFem.makeConstraintSelfWeight( 'MySelfWeightObject' ) App.ActiveDocument.Analysis.Member = App.ActiveDocument.Analysis.Member + [selfweight_obj]
- You need to modify .inp file to edit gravity acceleration.
- Self weight is applied to the element set Eall means to the whole model.
Editing CalculiX input file
Acceleration constant can be edited by hand modification after generating CalculiX input file.
Example of lines in .inp file:
where 9810 is gravity acceleration magnitude in [mm/s^2], and 0,0,-1 is direction vector.
- not implemented in Z88 solver (March 2017)