Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Model → Fluid constraints → Constraint flow velocity|
|Introduced in version|
Applies a flow velocity as boundary condition to an edge in 2D or to a face in 3D.
- Click on or choose Model → Fluid Constraints → from the top menu.
- The task panel will display menus for constraint flow velocity
Above: Constraint flow velocity menus within the task panel
- Select the target Edges or Faces.
- Deselect "unspecified" to activate the necessary fields for edition.
- Fill in the values in mm/s for the main Cartesian components.
- Vector components that are ticked as "unspecified" will be interpolated by the selected solver.
- Any vector that should be the result of the solver must be ticked as "unspecified".
- If the target face or edge is not aligned with the main cartesian coordinate system, it is possible to tick "normal to boundary".
- If "normal to boundary" is ticked, the normal vector to the selected edge or face is X and it will be oriented away from the mesh domain.
- For example, if a flow of 20 mm/s of air must enter the domain, then after ticking "normal to boundary" the user will have to input -20 mm/s in the "velocity X" field.
- For a Wall with non-slip condition, the flow will be (0,0,0)
- For a Symmetry condition, the flow will be (0, Unspecified, Unspecified) if "normal to boundary" is ticked.