|Drawing → Symbol
|Introduced in version
This command allows you to add the contents of a SVG image on a selected Drawing page. These contents can then be moved and rescaled on the page. The contents of the SVG image are copied into the FreeCAD document, so it is independent from the original file, and will display the same way on another computer that doesn't have the original SVG file.
- Create a Drawing page
- Refresh the view if a Drawing viewer wasn't opened
- Press the Drawing Symbol button
- Select a SVG file
- Adjust the needed properties, like position and scale.
- Tools: Open SVG, New A3 page, View, Annotation, Clip, Open browser, Ortho views, Symbol, Draft Drawing, Spreadsheet view, Save, Project shape
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing