Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Start with an already built 3D model, created with, for example, the PartDesign Workbench. In fact, any object that has a Shape, including 2D objects, will work.
- Switch to the TechDraw Workbench.
- Press or to create a Page.
- Select the existing model, and then press or .
- A 2D projection on the page will be created. You may now adjust its properties, like DataScale, DataRotation, and DataDirection.
- When the drawing is ready, you can press Std Export, to export the page to SVG, DXF, or PDF formats for further use in another software, or for printing. , , or use
However, when more precision is required, the distinction must be made.
- A "Body" (PartDesign Body) is an object derived from a Part Feature (
Part::Featureclass), created with the PartDesign Workbench.
- A "Part" (App Part) is used to group several "Bodies" to form an assembly.
- A "Drawing" is a 2D projection of a "Body" or a "Part".
- A "Drawing" may also be created with the Drawing Workbench. However, since this workbench became obsolete in 0.17, you should prefer TechDraw Workbench instead.