|Draft → Utilities → VisGroup|
|Introduced in version|
This tool obsolete in version 0.19 creates a special kind of group that controls the visual properties of objects placed inside of it. By changing the properties of the VisGroup, such as line width, line color, shape color and transparency, the changes are propagated to the objects in the group.
Note: This command was deprecated in FreeCAD 0.19, and was replaced by. In most cases, transitioning from 0.18 to 0.19 should also upgrade the VisGroup to a layer.
The VisGroup can also be used on Drawing Workbench pages; you can use it to control the color and line width of a Drawing View. However, not all options are available; for example, the Drawing View doesn't support shape color or transparency. (Drawing Workbench was deprecated in v0.17 in favor of the TechDraw Workbench)
- Go to the menu Draft → Utilities → VisGroup.
- Drag and drop objects inside the newly created VisGroup, or use the tool.
- Change the desired view properties of the VisGroup.
- DataGroup: specifies the elements that are part of the group.
- Visual properties that can be changed that are propagated to the objects: drawing style, line color, line width, shape color, transparency, and visibility.