|Modification → Split|
|Introduced in version|
- Press the button or press then keys.
- Hover over or near a wire at the point where you want to split it. The wire is highlighted. Click to split.
If the wire is open, you will create two wires, each ending at the point at which you clicked.
If the wire is closed, the edge which you clicked will be turned into its own open wire, and the remainder will convert into an open wire. You can think of this as "detaching" the selected wire.
There are no options for this tool. Either it works with the selected objects or not.
- If an open wire is split and the clicked point does not lie exactly on the selected edge, the new point will not be collinear with that former edge. Use an appropriate Draft Snap option to prevent this.
- To split objects that are not Draft Lines or Draft Wires you can try using on them one or more times first.
- The counterpart to this tool is the operation.
split(wire, newPoint, edgeIndex)