The Draft Snap Special option snaps to special points defined by the object. The supported objects are Arch Walls, Arch Structures and Arch Equipment.
Snapping the second point of a line to a special point of an Arch Wall, which is a vertex of its Base object
For general information about snapping see Draft Snap.
- Make sure snapping is enabled. See Draft Snap Lock.
- If Draft Snap Special is not active do one of the following:
- Press the button in the Draft Snap toolbar.
- Press the button in the Draft snap widget and in the menu select the Snap Special option.
- Choose a Draft or Arch command to create your geometry.
- Note that you can also change snap options while a command is active.
- Move the cursor over a supported object.
- The object is highlighted.
- If a special point is found the point is marked and the icon is displayed near the cursor.
- If the object has multiple special points: optionally move the cursor closer to another special point.
- Click to confirm the point.
Supported special points
See Draft Snap.
- Drafting: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Arc, Arc by 3 points, Circle, Ellipse, Rectangle, Polygon, B-spline, Cubic Bézier curve, Bézier curve, Point, Facebinder, ShapeString
- Annotation: Text, Dimension, Label, Annotation styles, Annotation scale.
- Modification: Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Offset, Trimex, Stretch, Clone, Array, Polar array, Circular array, Path array, Path Link array, Point Array, Point Link array, Edit, Subelement highlight, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Wire to B-spline, Draft to Sketch, Set slope, Flip dimension, Shape 2D view
- Draft Tray: Select Plane, Set style, Toggle construction mode, AutoGroup
- Snapping: Snap Lock, Snap Endpoint, Snap Midpoint, Snap Center, Snap Angle, Snap Intersection, Snap Perpendicular, Snap Extension, Snap Parallel, Snap Special, Snap Near, Snap Ortho, Snap Grid, Snap WorkingPlane, Snap Dimensions, Toggle Grid
- Miscellaneous: Layer, Create working plane proxy, Toggle normal/wireframe display, Move to group, Select group, Add to Construction group, Heal, Toggle continue mode, Apply current style, Show snap toolbar
- Additional:: Constraining, Pattern, Preferences, Import Export Preferences, DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot