Draft Snap Grid
|Introduced in version|
|Draft Snap, Draft Snap Lock, Draft ToggleGrid, Draft SelectPlane|
The Draft Snap Grid option snaps to the intersections of grid lines. The grid can only be used if the Use grid preference is selected. See Preferences.
Snapping the second point of a line to the grid
For general information about snapping see Draft Snap.
- Optionally change the working plane and/or the grid.
- Make sure snapping is enabled. See Draft Snap Lock.
- If Draft Snap Grid is not active do one of the following:
- Press the button in the Draft Snap toolbar.
- Press the Draft snap widget and in the menu select the Snap Grid option. button in the
- Choose a Draft or Arch command to create your geometry.
- Note that you can also change snap options while a command is active.
- In FreeCAD version 0.19 and 0.20 the grid is now displayed if it was not yet visible. In previous versions you may have to toggle the grid to make it visible.
- Move the cursor near the intersection of two grid lines.
- If an intersection is found the point is marked and the icon is displayed near the cursor.
- Click to confirm the point.
See Draft Snap.
- To use the grid select: Edit → Preferences... → Draft → Grid and snapping → Grid → Use grid. After changing this preference you must restart FreeCAD.
- Several other grid preferences are also available: Edit → Preferences... → Draft → Grid and snapping → Grid.