Draft Snap Extension
|Introduced in version|
|Draft Snap, Draft Snap Lock|
The Draft Snap Extension option snaps to an imaginary line that extends beyond the endpoints of straight edges. The edges can belong to Draft or Arch objects but also to objects created with other workbenches.
Up to two edged can be referenced by this snap option and Draft Snap Parallel, making it possible to snap to virtual intersections. Both snap options can also be combined with other snap options.
Snapping the second point of a line to the extension of an edge
For general information about snapping see Draft Snap.
- Make sure snapping is enabled. See Draft Snap Lock.
- If Draft Snap Extension is not active do one of the following:
- Press the button in the Draft Snap toolbar.
- Press the Draft snap widget and in the menu select the Snap Extension option. button in the
- Choose a Draft or Arch command to create your geometry.
- Note that you can also change snap options while a command is active.
- Move the cursor over a straight edge.
- The edge is highlighted.
- If you now move the cursor beyond the endpoints of the edge, you will see a dashed line appear when the cursor is on the extended edge.
- The point is marked and the icon is displayed near the cursor.
- Click to confirm the point.
See Draft Snap.