Jump to navigation Jump to search
Draft objects with a DataMake Face property can display an SVG pattern instead of a solid face color.
An ellipse and a polygon with an SVG pattern
- Make sure the objects are closed and planar, and do not self-intersect.
- To close a Draft Wire, a Draft BSpline, a Draft CubicBezCurve or a Draft BezCurve set its DataClosed property to
- To close a Draft Circle or a Draft Ellipse set its DataFirst Angle and DataLast Angle properties to the same value.
- Select the objects.
- Switch to the View tab of the Property editor.
- The ViewDisplay Mode must be set to
- Select a ViewPattern.
- Optionally change the ViewPattern Size. Note that a higher value results in a denser pattern.
- The pattern is not displayed when the objects are selected. Deselect them to check the result.
- Optionally reselect the objects to change the pattern properties.
- SVG patterns are stored in .SVG files. It is possible to use your own custom patterns. See Preferences.
- The patterns themselves are not saved in the FreeCAD document. Objects whose ViewPattern cannot be found are displayed with a solid face color instead.
- To specify a directory with addition SVG patterns: Edit → Preferences... → Draft → Visual settings → Alternate SVG patterns location. Select a file in the directory and then remove the filename in the preferences input box, leaving only the path. After changing this preference you must restart FreeCAD.
- The Edit → Preferences... → Draft → Visual settings → SVG pattern resolution preference is not used.
- To change the ViewPattern Size used for new objects: Edit → Preferences... → Draft → Visual settings → SVG pattern default size.