|Draft → Snap → Ortho|
|Introduced in version|
|Draft Snap, Draft ToggleSnap|
This method snaps to a point on an imaginary line that originates from the previous point, and extends infinitely at specific increments of 45°; this includes 0°, 90°, 135°, 180°, 225°, 270°, and other integer multiples.
Snapping the second point of a line to a point that makes an angle of 135° with the horizontal; small circles indicate all possible snapping directions
- Make sure and are turned on.
- Choose a Draft tool to draw a shape.
- Move the cursor approximately in the direction of a line that makes an angle of 45° with the horizontal.
- The snap symbol will appear when the tentative line makes an angle of 45°, or a multiple of it.
- Click to attach your new point.
Note: the snapping only works on the current working plane.