|Draft → Snap → Near|
|Introduced in version|
|Draft Snap, Draft ToggleSnap|
This method snaps to the closest point or edge on the nearest object.
Snapping the second point of a line to the edge of a rectangle
- Make sure and are turned on.
- Choose a Draft tool to draw a shape.
- Move the cursor near the object to which you wish to attach your point.
- A small yellow circle will indicate where your point will be placed; it can be a vertex or an edge.
- Click to attach your new point.
Other snapping methods will be tried first; if none is available, the cursor will just attach to the nearest point on the target object.