The Draft Snap Near option snaps to the nearest point on faces or edges. The faces and edges can belong to Draft or Arch objects but also to objects created with other workbenches.
Snapping the second point of a line to the nearest point on an edge
For general information about snapping see Draft Snap.
- Make sure snapping is enabled. See Draft Snap Lock.
- If Draft Snap Near is not active do one of the following:
- Press the button in the Draft Snap toolbar.
- Press the button in the Draft snap widget and in the menu select the Snap Near option.
- Choose a Draft or Arch command to create your geometry.
- Note that you can also change snap options while a command is active.
- Move the cursor over a face or edge.
- The face or edge is highlighted.
- If a nearest point is found the point is marked.
- Optionally move the cursor along the face or edge to select a different nearest point.
- Click to confirm the point.
- It is not a good idea to have Draft Snap Near permanently active as it takes precedence over many other snap options.
See Draft Snap.
- Drafting: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Arc, Arc by 3 points, Circle, Ellipse, Rectangle, Polygon, B-spline, Cubic Bézier curve, Bézier curve, Point, Facebinder, ShapeString, Hatch
- Annotation: Text, Dimension, Label, Annotation styles, Annotation scale
- Modification: Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Offset, Trimex, Stretch, Clone, Array, Polar array, Circular array, Path array, Path Link array, Point Array, Point Link array, Edit, Subelement highlight, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Wire to B-spline, Draft to Sketch, Set slope, Flip dimension, Shape 2D view
- Draft Tray: Select Plane, Set style, Toggle construction mode, AutoGroup
- Snapping: Snap Lock, Snap Endpoint, Snap Midpoint, Snap Center, Snap Angle, Snap Intersection, Snap Perpendicular, Snap Extension, Snap Parallel, Snap Special, Snap Near, Snap Ortho, Snap Grid, Snap WorkingPlane, Snap Dimensions, Toggle Grid
- Miscellaneous: Layer, Add a new named group, Move to group, Select group, Add to Construction group, Toggle normal/wireframe display, Create working plane proxy, Apply current style, Heal, Toggle continue mode, Show snap toolbar
- Additional:: Constraining, Pattern, Preferences, Import Export Preferences, DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot