草稿坊能在現有文件中快速建立平面物件，且提供數種工具用時事後修改。若干工具同時用於其他 FreeCAD 物件，不僅限於草稿坊。且提供完整 snapping system, 以及數種功能來管理物件與設定。
The created 2D objects can be used for general drafting in a way similar to Inkscape or Autocad. These 2D shapes can also be used as the base components of 3D objects created with other workbenches, for example, the Part and Arch Workbenches. Conversion of Draft objects to Sketches is also possible, which means that the shapes can also be used with the PartDesign Workbench for the creation of solid bodies.
FreeCAD is primarily a 3D modelling application, and thus its 2D tools aren't as advanced as in other drawing programs. If your primary goal is the production of complex 2D drawings and DXF files, and you don't need 3D modelling, you may wish to consider a dedicated software program for technical drafting such as LibreCAD, QCad, TurboCad, and others.
These are tools for creating objects.
- Line: draws a line segment between two points.
- Polyline: draws a line made of multiple line segments (polyline).
- Fillet: draws a fillet (rounded corner) or a chamfer (straight line) between two simple Lines. introduced in version 0.19
- Arc: draws an arc segment from center, radius, start angle and end angle.
- Arc 3Points: draws a circular arc segment from three points that are located in the circumference. introduced in version 0.19
- Circle: draws a circle from center and radius.
- Ellipse: draws an ellipse from two corner points.
- Rectangle: draws a rectangle from two corner points.
- Polygon: draws a regular polygon from center, radius, and number of sides.
- BSpline: draws a B-Spline from a series of points.
- Cubic Bezier Curve: draws a Bezier curve of third degree by dragging two points. introduced in version 0.19
- Bezier Curve: draws a Bezier curve from a series of points.
- Point: inserts a point object.
- Facebinder: creates a new object from selected faces on existing objects.
- ShapeString: inserts a compound shape representing a text string at a given point.
- Text: draws a multi-line text annotation.
- Dimension: draws a dimension annotation.
- Label: places a label with an arrow pointing to a selected element. introduced in version 0.17
- Annotation style editor: opens an editor to change the annotation style of these objects. introduced in version 0.19
These are tools for modifying existing objects. They work on selected objects, but if no object is selected, you will be invited to select one.
- Move: moves objects from one location to another.
- Rotate: rotates objects from a start angle to an end angle.
- Scale: scales selected objects around a base point.
- Mirror: mirrors the selected objects.
- Offset: offsets segments of an object a certain distance.
- Trim/Extend (Trimex): trims or extends an object.
- Stretch: stretches the selected objects. introduced in version 0.17
- Clone: clones the selected objects.
- Array tools.
- OrthoArray: creates an orthogonal array from the selected object. introduced in version 0.19
- Polar Array: creates an array in a polar pattern, that is, sweeping an angle. introduced in version 0.19
- Circular Array: creates an array in a circular pattern, that is, starting from a center and moving outwards radially. introduced in version 0.19
- Path Array: creates an array of objects by placing the copies along a path.
- Path LinkArray: creates an array of App::Link elements by placing the copies along a path. introduced in version 0.19
- Point Array: creates an array of objects by placing the copies at certain points. introduced in version 0.18
- Edit: edits a selected object.
- Subelement highlight: enters an edit mode that allows editing different objects. introduced in version 0.19
- Join: joins lines together into a single wire. introduced in version 0.18
- Split: splits a wire into two at a point. introduced in version 0.18
- Upgrade: upgrades objects into a higher-level object.
- Downgrade: downgrades objects into lower-level objects.
- Wire to BSpline: converts a wire to a B-Spline and vice-versa.
- Draft to Sketch: converts a Draft object to a Sketcher Workbench Sketch and vice-versa.
- Slope: changes the elevation slope of the currently selected Draft Line or Draft Wire. introduced in version 0.17
- Flip Dimension: flips the orientation of the text of a Draft Dimension.
- Shape 2D View: creates a 2D object which is a flattened 2D view of a 3D object.
This command is considered obsolete because the Drawing Workbench is obsolete. However, the command itself is still available.
These commands have been removed from the interface.
- Add point: adds a point to a wire or B-Spline. obsolete in version 0.19
- Delete point: deletes a point from a wire or B-Spline. obsolete in version 0.19
- Array: creates a polar or rectangular array from selected objects. obsolete in version 0.19
Draft Tray toolbar
The Draft tray toolbar appears when the workbench is started, and allows selecting the working plane, together with some visual properties like the line color, shape color, text size, line width, and automatic group.
- Set working plane: sets a working plane from a standard view or a selected face.
- Toggle construction mode: toggles the Draft construction mode on or off.
- AutoGroup: automatically place new objects in a given Std Group or Draft VisGroup. introduced in version 0.17
- Apply style: applies the current style and color to selected objects.
Draft Snap toolbar
The Draft Snap toolbar allows selecting the currently snapping mode. Its button keep depressed when a mode is active.
- Toggle snap: toggles object snapping globally on or off.
- Endpoint: snaps to the endpoints of line, arc and spline segments.
- Midpoint: snaps to the middle point of line and arc segments.
- Center: snaps to the center point of arcs and circles.
- Angle: snaps to the special cardinal points of circles and arcs, at 45° and 90°.
- Intersection: snaps to the intersection of two line or arc segments. Hover the mouse over the two desired objects to activate their intersection snaps.
- Perpendicular: on line and arc segments, snaps perpendicularly to the latest point.
- Extension: snaps on an imaginary line that extends beyond the endpoints of line segments. Hover the mouse over the desired object to activate its extension snap.
- Parallel: snaps on an imaginary line parallel to a line segment. Hover the mouse over the desired object to activate its parallel snap.
- Special: snaps on special points defined by the object. introduced in version 0.17
- Near: snaps to the closest point or edge on the nearest object.
- Ortho: snaps on imaginary lines that cross the last point, and extend at 0°, 45° and 90°.
- Grid: snaps to the intersections of the grid lines, if the grid is visible.
- Working plane: always places the snapped point on the current working plane, even if you snap to a point outside that working plane.
- Dimensions: shows temporary X and Y dimensions while snapping.
- Toggle grid: toggles the visibility of the grid on or off.
- Layer: creates a Layer in the current document, to which objects can be added to control object visibility and color. It replaces VisGroup. introduced in version 0.19
- VisGroup: creates a VisGroup in the current document. obsolete in version 0.19
- Working Plane Proxy: create a proxy object to store the current Working Plane position. introduced in version 0.17
- Toggle display mode: switches the display mode of selected objects between "Flat Lines" and "Wireframe".
- Add to group: quickly adds selected objects to an existing Std Group or Draft VisGroup.
- Select group contents: selects the contents of a selected Std Group or Draft VisGroup.
- Add to Construction group: add selected objects to the Construction group. introduced in version 0.17
- Heal: heals problematic Draft objects found in very old files.
Additional tools available from the menu Draft → Utilities, or via the right-click context menu, depending on the selected object.
- Toggle continue mode: toggles the Draft continue mode on or off.
- Show snap bar: shows or hides the Draft Snap toolbar.
These tools were removed from the interface in v0.19 because they no longer had any purpose.
- Finish line: ends the drawing of the current Draft Wire or Draft BSpline, without closing it. obsolete in version 0.19
- Close line: ends the drawing of the current Draft Wire or Draft BSpline, and closes it. obsolete in version 0.19
- Undo line: undoes the last segment of a Draft Wire. obsolete in version 0.19
- Preferences: general preferences for the working plane and the drawing tools.
- Import Export Preferences: preferences available for importing from and exporting to different file formats.
草稿模組提供 FreeCAD 下列檔案格式匯入與匯出
- Autodesk .DXF: imports and exports Drawing Exchange Format files created with 2D CAD applications. See also FreeCAD and DXF Import.
- Autodesk .DWG: imports and exports DWG files via the DXF importer, when the ODA Converter utility is installed. See also FreeCAD and DWG Import.
- SVG: imports and exports Scalable Vector Graphics files created with vector drawing applications.
- Open Cad format .OCA: imports and exports OCA/GCAD files, a potentially new open CAD file format.
- Airfoil Data Format .DAT: imports DAT files describing Airfoil profiles.
- FreeCAD and DWG Import: Imports and exports DWG files
- FreeCAD and DXF Import: Imports and exports DXF files
- Coordinates: enter coordinates instead of clicking on the 3D view to define a new point.
- Constraining: limit the pointer to horizontal or vertical movements relative to a previous point.
- Snapping: place new points on special places on existing objects or on the grid.
- Copy Mode: All modification tools can either modify the selected objects or create a modified copy of them. Pressing and holding while the object is being modified, e.g. moved or rotated, creates a copy when the key is released.
- Construction Mode: Allows you to create geometries separate from the rest by simply switching them on and off.
- Working plane: allows you to select a surface on which to build your shapes.
See also: Test Workbench.
To run the unit tests of the workbench execute the following from the operating system terminal.
freecad -t TestDraft
The workbench includes a module to create samples of all objects in a new document. introduced in version 0.19
Use this to test that all objects are produced correctly.
import drafttests.draft_test_objects as dto doc = dto.create_test_file()
Inspecting the code of this module is useful to understand how to use the programming interface.
$INSTALLDIR is the toplevel directory where the software was installed; for example, in Linux it may be
Test objects for the Draft Workbench.