|Drafting → Drawing
The Draft Drawing command inserts views of selected objects into a drawing page.
This command is similar to the Drawing View command but is optimized for Draft objects. Contrary to that command, it can handle specific objects such as Draft Dimensions and Draft Texts, and it can render faces.
This command is now obsolete. Use the TechDraw Workbench and the TechDraw DraftView command instead.
On the left the selected Draft objects. On the right the created drawing views.
- To use this command in FreeCAD version 0.19 and later you need to add a button to a custom toolbar. See Interface Customization.
- Select one or more objects. A separate view will be created for each object.
- Optionally add a Drawing page to the selection. If you do not, the view is inserted into the first page in the document. If there are no pages in the document a new page is created first.
- Press the Draft Drawing button.
- There is a bug in the FreeCAD version 0.19 version of the command. The initial value of the VeriDirection property is
[0, 0, 0] which is not allowed. For objects on a plane parallel to the XY plane of the global coordinate system it should be changed to
[0, 0, 1]. After changing this property the page and the view may need to be recomputed.
- Drafting: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Arc, Arc by 3 points, Circle, Ellipse, Rectangle, Polygon, B-spline, Cubic Bézier curve, Bézier curve, Point, Facebinder, ShapeString, Hatch
- Annotation: Text, Dimension, Label, Annotation styles, Annotation scale
- Modification: Move, Rotate, Scale, Mirror, Offset, Trimex, Stretch, Clone, Array, Polar array, Circular array, Path array, Path Link array, Point Array, Point Link array, Edit, Subelement highlight, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Wire to B-spline, Draft to Sketch, Set slope, Flip dimension, Shape 2D view
- Draft Tray: Select Plane, Set style, Toggle construction mode, AutoGroup
- Snapping: Snap Lock, Snap Endpoint, Snap Midpoint, Snap Center, Snap Angle, Snap Intersection, Snap Perpendicular, Snap Extension, Snap Parallel, Snap Special, Snap Near, Snap Ortho, Snap Grid, Snap WorkingPlane, Snap Dimensions, Toggle Grid
- Miscellaneous: Layer, Add a new named group, Move to group, Select group, Add to Construction group, Toggle normal/wireframe display, Create working plane proxy, Apply current style, Heal, Toggle continue mode, Show snap toolbar
- Additional:: Constraining, Pattern, Preferences, Import Export Preferences, DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties, Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base, Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot