|Drafting → Drawing|
This tool works similarly to the Drawing View tool but is optimized for Draft Workbench objects, and can render 2D objects with a face filling. It can handle specific objects such as Draft Dimension and Draft Text, that the Drawing View tool cannot handle.
Draft object and dimensions imported into a Drawing page
- Select the objects that you wish to put on a drawing sheet.
- In the same selection, add the Drawing Workbench page object in which you want to draw the projection of the objects.
- Press the button.
- The tool will work best with 2D objects from the Draft Workbench or Sketcher Workbench.
- The selected object can also be an Arch SectionPlane, which will show the elements viewed by that plane.
- If there is no existing page, a new one will be created.
- If no page was selected but there is at least one in the document, the first page found will be used to put the projections.
- If you select a sheet and the objects already projected on that sheet, the projections will be updated.
There are no options for this tool. Either it works with the selected objects or not.
- DataFill Style: specifies the fill style "concrete", "square", "simple", "wood", "line", "cross", "woodgrain", or "shape color". This property only works for closed shapes.
- DataFont Size: specifies the font size of texts and dimensions.
- DataLine Width: specifies the line width of viewed objects in millimeters.
DrawingView = makeDrawingView(obj, page, lwmod=None, tmod=None, otherProjection=None)
- Creates a
objin the specified
- If given,
lwmodmodifies line weights in percentage, and
tmodmodifies text heights in percentage.
The attributes of the view usually need to be modified so that it is displayed correctly in the drawing page. In particular, the position is controlled by
Y, which are given in millimeters, and
Scale is important to correctly fit the projected shape in the page. The scale usually ranges from 1 to 0.25 (1:1 to 1:4) for small solids, and from 0.02 to 0.01 (1:50 to 1:100) for typical architectural elements.
import FreeCAD, Draft, Drawing obj = Draft.makePolygon(5, 1000) page = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject('Drawing::FeaturePage', 'Page') page.Template = FreeCAD.getResourceDir() + 'Mod/Drawing/Templates/A3_Landscape.svg' View = Draft.makeDrawingView(obj, page) View.Scale = 0.02 FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute() View.X = 200 View.Y = 150 FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.recompute()