|Draft → Downgrade|
Thetool downgrades the selected objects in different ways.
The Downgrade tool performs things such as breaking faces, and deconstructing wires into their individual edges. It can cut a shape with another shape in similar way to.
The counterpart to this tool is theoperation.
Face cut from another face; then face downgraded into a closed wire; then downgraded into individual lines
- Select one or more objects that you want to downgrade.
- Invoke the Draft Downgrade tool several ways:
- Press the button in the Draft toolbar
- Press the then keyboard shortcut
- Use the Draft → Downgrade entry in the Draft menu
- Note: If no object is selected, you will be invited to select one.
The selected objects are modified or downgraded, according to the following conditions, in order:
- If only one object is selected and it contains more than one face, each face becomes a separate object.
- If there are more than one face in the selection, the subsequent objects are subtracted from the first one. This modification is similar to .
- If there is only one face in the selection, it gets converted into a wire.
- Otherwise all wires found in the selection are exploded into single edges.
There are no options for this tool. Either it works with the selected objects or not.
downgrade_list = downgrade(objects, delete=False, force=None) addList, deleteList = downgrade(objects, delete=False, force=None)
- Downgrades the given
objects, which can be a single object or a list of objects.
True, old objects are deleted.
forceis given, it is the internal function to call to force a certain way of downgrading. It can be:
upgrade_listis returned, which is a list containing two lists: a list of new objects (
addList) and a list of objects to be deleted (
import FreeCAD, Draft # Create an union Circle = Draft.makeCircle(1000) Rectangle = Draft.makeRectangle(2000, 800) addList1, deleteList1 = Draft.upgrade([Circle, Rectangle], delete=True) union = addList1 # Downgrade the union twice addList2, deleteList2 = Draft.downgrade(union, delete=False) wire = addList2 list_edges, deleteList3 = Draft.downgrade(wire, delete=False) # Insert a solid box Box = FreeCAD.ActiveDocument.addObject("Part::Box", "Box") Box.Length = 2300 Box.Width = 800 Box.Height = 1000 list_faces, deleteList4 = Draft.downgrade(Box, delete=True)