|Drafting → Arc tools → Arc|
|Introduced in version|
|Draft Arc 3Points, Draft Circle|
The Draft Arc command creates a circular arc in the current working plane from a center, a radius, a start angle and an aperture angle. The radius and the angles can be defined by picking points.
A Draft Arc is in fact a Draft Circle with a DadosFirst Angle that is not the same as its DadosLast Angle.
Arc defined by four points, center, radius, initial point of arc and final point of arc
- There are several ways to invoke the command:
- Press the button.
- Select the Drafting → Arc tools → Arc option from the menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: introduced in version 0.20 then .
- The Arc task panel opens. See Options for more information.
- Pick the first point, the center of the arc, in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the button.
- Pick the second point in the 3D view, or enter a Radius.
- Pick the third point in the 3D view, or enter a Start angle.
- Pick the fourth point in the 3D view, or enter an Aperture angle.
The single character keyboard shortcuts available in the task panel can be changed. See Draft Preferences. The shortcuts mentioned here are the default shortcuts.
- To manually enter the coordinates for the center enter the X, Y and Z component, and press 3D view before entering coordinates. after each. Or you can press the button when you have the desired values. It is advisable to move the pointer out of the
- The Relative checkbox, displayed in FreeCAD version 0.19 and earlier, has no purpose for this command.
- Press working plane coordinate system. introduced in version 0.20 or click the Global checkbox to toggle global mode. If global mode is on, coordinates are relative to the global coordinate system, else they are relative to the
- Press or click the Continue checkbox to toggle continue mode. If continue mode is on, the command will restart after finishing, allowing you to continue creating arcs.
- Press Draft snapping on or off. to switch
- Press or the button to abort the command.
- A Draft Arc can be edited with the Draft Edit command.
- To change the number of decimals used for the input of coordinates, radii and angles: Edit → Preferences... → General → Units → Units settings → Number of decimals.
- If the Edit → Preferences... → Draft → General settings → Draft tools options → Use Part Primitives when available option is checked, the command will create a Part Circle instead of a Draft Circle.
See Draft Circle.
To create a Draft Arc use the
make_circle method (introduced in version 0.19) of the Draft module. This method replaces the deprecated
import FreeCAD as App import Draft doc = App.newDocument() arc1 = Draft.make_circle(200, startangle=0, endangle=90) arc2 = Draft.make_circle(500, startangle=20, endangle=160) arc3 = Draft.make_circle(750, startangle=-30, endangle=-150) doc.recompute()