This method snaps to the points on circles and arcs at increments of 30° and 45° on the arc. The snapping angle is determined by the horizontal of the arc's center.
Snapping the second point of a line to the circle, at the 45° angle on the edge. The image superimposes all possible snapping locations, indicated by small hollow circles.
- Make sure Draft ToggleSnap and Snap Angle are turned on.
- Choose a Draft tool to draw a shape.
- Move the cursor over a circle or arc object.
- The circle or arc will be highlighted in yellow, and a small white circle will indicate the point on the arc to which your new point will be attached; this point will make an angle with the horizontal of 30° or 45°, or multiples of those.
- Move the cursor to a different position on the circle to choose a different attachment point.
- Click to attach your new point.
- Basics: Coordinates, Constraining, Snapping (Near, Extension, Parallel, Grid, Endpoint, Midpoint, Perpendicular, Angle, Center, Ortho, Intersection, Special, Dimensions, Working plane)
- Drawing: Line, Polyline, Fillet, Circle, Arc, Arc 3 points, Ellipse, Polygon, Rectangle, Text, Dimension, BSpline, Point, ShapeString, Facebinder, Cubic Bezier Curve, Bezier Curve, Label
- Modifying: Move, Rotate, Offset, Trimex, Join, Split, Upgrade, Downgrade, Scale, Edit, SubelementHighlight, Wire to BSpline, Add point, Delete point, Shape 2D View, Draft to Sketch, Array, LinkArray, Polar Array, Circular Array, Path Array, Path LinkArray, Point Array, Clone, Drawing, Mirror, Stretch
- Utilities: Set working plane, Finish line, Close line, Undo line, Toggle construction mode, Toggle continue mode, Apply style, Toggle display mode, Add to group, Select group contents, Toggle snap, Toggle grid, Show snap bar, Heal, Flip Dimension, VisGroup, Slope, AutoGroup, Set Working Plane Proxy, Add to Construction group
- Additional: Preferences, Import Export Preferences (DXF/DWG, SVG, OCA, DAT); Draft API
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot