Defeaturing Workbench is an add-on workbench intended for editing STEP models, removing of the selected features from the model. It is an external workbench and therefore not part of the standard FreeCAD install.
- Features a set of tools to edit a Shape or a STEP model, removing hole(s), face(s), simplifying the model, changing the tolerance, applying Fuzzy Boolean operations etc...
- There are also tools to create more solid shape(s), from edge(s), face(s) or shell(s).
- It is also possible to use direct modeling of the model, when the history of operations is unavailable. (This is the case for 3D STEP models).
- Useful in situations to quickly remove proprietary details of the model before sharing it. See Defeaturing
Note: More advance Defeaturing tools can be used if OCC7.3 is available.
Using the FreeCAD Addon Manager available in v0.17+ via Tools → Addon Manager. Search for the Defeaturing workbench icon. The Addon Manager also notifies the user when a new version of this Addon is available.
- FreeCAD v0.15 4671
- FreeCAD v0.16 >= 6712
- FreeCAD v0.17 >= 13522
- FreeCAD v0.18+
- Author: Github: @easyw | FreeCAD Forums: 
- Source code on github: https://github.com/easyw/Defeaturing_WB
- FC forum thread https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=29506
- Remove Holes: remove Hole from Face
- Remove listed Faces: remove 'in List' Faces
- Add Faces from 'in List' Edges: add Faces from 'in List' Edges
- Select Faces to be Parametric defeatured: select Faces to be Parametric defeatured
- Create a copy of the 'in List' Edges : create a copy of the 'in List' Edges
- copy Faces from 'in List' Faces : copy Faces from 'in List' Faces
- offset face: offset face
- offset edge: offset edge
- Make Solid from in List Faces: make Solid from in List Faces
- Make Solid from the Faces of the selected Objects: make Solid from the Faces of the selected Objects
- Make Solid from in List Faces: select ONE object to try to make a Solid through STEP import/export process
- Connect: connect
- clean Face(s) removing holes and merging Outwire: clean Face(s) removing holes and merging Outwire
- show 'in List‘ Edge(s): show 'in List‘ Edge(s)
- show 'in List‘ Face(s): show 'in List‘ Face(s)
- refine: refine
- simple copy: simple copy
- parametric Refine: parametric Refine
- geometry check: geometry check
- get Tolerance value: get Tolerance value
- set Tolerance value: set Tolerance value
- make Edge from selected Vertexes: make Edge from selected Vertexes
- reset Placement: reset Placement
- show/hide TypeId of the Shape: show/hide Type Id of the Shape
- help: help
Removing Features using OCC7.3 new tools
- Sew a Shape
- Removing or Simplify Faces
- Remove Holes or Pockets
- Read or Change Tolerance
- make Fuzzy Boolean operations
FreeCAD workbenches are easy to program in Python, there are therefore many people developing additional workbenches outside of the FreeCAD main developers.
New workbenches are in development, stay tuned!