The Curves ParametricComb can help to visualize the regularity or smoothness of a curve as well as the continuity between two curves. Note: A comb is only for visualization.
A 3D comb will be created for 3D curves. Sample and scale can be changed. This tool is part of the external workbench called Curves.
Above: shows the before (left) and after (right) application of the ParametricComb AKA Comb plot tool
- Switch to the Curves workbench (install from Addon Manager is necessary, if not previously installed)
- Select an object in the tree view (sketch, wire...) or one or several edges in the 3D view (use CTRL key)
- To invoke the command, do one of the following:
- Press the button
- Use the Curves → Comb plot
- A comb is created, showing the curvature of the selection.
- This tool functions as a visual aid.
- Installazione: Windows, Linux, Mac; Getting started
- Base: About FreeCAD, Workbenches, Preferences, Document structure, Interface Customization, Properties, Mouse Model; Tutorials
- Ambienti: Menu di base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Plot, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Robot, Ship, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Scripting: Introduction to Python, FreeCAD scripting tutorial, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, How to install macros, Gui Command, Units Modules: Builtin modules, Workbench creation, Installing more workbenches Meshes: Mesh Scripting, Mesh Module Parts: The Part Module, Topological data scripting, PythonOCC, Mesh to Part Coin scenegraph: The Coin/Inventor scenegraph, Pivy Qt interface: PySide, Using the FreeCAD GUI, Dialog creation Parametric objects: Scripted objects Other: Code snippets, Line drawing function, Embedding FreeCAD, FreeCAD vector math library, Power users hub, Python, Macros, FreeCAD Scripting Basics, Topological data scripting