In FreeCAD the word "Body" is normally used to refer to a PartDesign Body object (
PartDesign::Body class) that is defined by the PartDesign Workbench. This is a container object that can hold 2D sketches and 3D geometrical features to build a solid shape.
See PartDesign Body for more information about this type of object.
- Switch to the PartDesign Workbench.
- Press PartDesign Body.
- Press PartDesign NewSketch to create a new sketch.
- Create a closed wire, and then use PartDesign Pad to extrude the sketch, and create an initial solid.
- Add more sketches and pads, and use other tools of the PartDesign Workbench to modify and transform the initial solid.
Alternatively, instead of using sketches, you can add primitive PartDesign Features, for example, a PartDesign Additive box. Any number of additive and subtractive features can be used to create a final volume.
A Body is required when using the PartDesign Workbench in a feature editing methodology.
A Body is not required when using the Part Workbench, as this workbench uses a constructive solid geometry workflow, which is based on primitive shapes and boolean operations.
- Modeling tools
- Datum tools: Create a datum point, Create a datum line, Create a datum plane, Create a local coordinate system, Create a shape binder, Create a clone
- Additive tools: Pad, Revolution, Additive loft, Additive pipe, Additive box, Additive cone, Additive cylinder, Additive ellipsoid, Additive prism, Additive sphere, Additive torus, Additive wedge
- Subtractive tools: Pocket, Hole, Groove, Subtractive loft, Subtractive pipe, Subtractive box, Subtractive cone, Subtractive cylinder, Subtractive ellipsoid, Subtractive prism, Subtractive sphere, Subtractive torus, Subtractive wedge
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Windows, Linux, Mac, Additional components, Docker, AppImage, Ubuntu Snap
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Deprecated or unmaintained workbenches: Complete, Drawing, Robot