The Base module is contained inside the FreeCAD module and contains constructors for different types of objects heavily used in FreeCAD.
Creates a bounding box.
A bounding box is an orthographic cube which is a way to describe outer boundaries. You get a bounding box from a lot of 3D types. It is often used to check if a 3D entity lies in the range of another object. Checking for bounding interference first can save a lot of computing time!
Description: Creates a 4x4 Matrix, that can be used to apply transformations to objects.
Vector(x, y, z)
Description: Creates a FreeCAD 3D Vector, representing a 3D point or a direction.
- Getting started
- Installation: Download, Linux, Windows, MacOS, Docker, AppImage
- Basics: About FreeCAD, Interface, Mouse navigation, Selection methods, Object name, Preferences, Workbenches, Document structure, Properties; Help FreeCAD, Donate
- Help: Tutorials, Video tutorials
- Workbenches: Std Base; Arch, Draft, FEM, Image, Inspection, Mesh, OpenSCAD, Part, PartDesign, Path, Points, Raytracing, Reverse Engineering, Sketcher, Spreadsheet, Start, Surface workbench, TechDraw, Test Framework, Web
- Unmaintained workbenches: Plot, Robot, Ship
- Deprecated workbenches: Complete, Drawing