Jump to navigation Jump to search
|3D Modeling → Library|
|This command is part of the BIM AddOn, that you can install via menu Tools → Addons Manager|
Above: See the Library browser dialog in the Task panel on the left
- Press the button
- Click a file from the Library browser
- Double-click it or press the button
- Click a point in the 3D view or enter a coordinate manually to place the object
- FCStd, STEP and BREP files are supported. Only STEP and BREP files are placeable. FCStd files will not allow you to choose a placement, as they might be composed of a complex series of objects with significant positions. When choosing an FCStd file, its contents will be inserted at the position that is defined in the file.
- STEP and BREP objects are inserted as Equipment with no separated base shape. Adding a base shape to these objects afterwards will destroy their current shape.
- On placing an object, you can choose their insertion point between original (the (
0,0,0) point defined in the file), top, middle, bottom and left, center and right.
- The Library can work offline, in which case it relies on the Parts Library addon to be installed (and updated by the user), or online, in which case it browses directly from the Parts Library Git repository and allows to download directly from there.