Asymptote is a vector language for 2D and 3D computer graphics. Asymptote code can be included in LaTeX documents or used to generate PostScript, PDF, SVG, WebGL, and PRC files. Interactive 3D PDF files created from Asymptote code require Acrobat Reader version 9 or higher.
Asymptote support was added in FreeCAD version 0.19.
- Optionally assign colors to the faces of the object you want to export with the Part FaceColors command.
- Change to the Mesh Workbench.
- Create a mesh from the object with the Mesh FromPartShape command.
- Select the new mesh object.
- Invoke the Mesh Export command.
- Select the *.asy file format in the dialog box.
- Enter a filename.
- Press the button.
The compiler is a command line tool. To covert to PDF you can use this syntax:
PathToAsyExecutable/asy -f pdf AsymptoteFileName.asy
The following videos are in Spanish:
- A way of generating interactive pdf-3D files. (1/3) (From FreeCAD, MeshLab and LaTeX)
- A way of generating interactive pdf-3D files. (2/3) (From Asymptote and LaTex)
- A way of generating interactive pdf-3D files. (3/3) (From FreeCAD, Asymptote and LaTeX)